MK61 Wire Flame
CLICK HERE to view a video of the flame spraying process.
The Metallisation MK61 is an oxygen-acetylene fuelled flamespray system, primarily for spraying engineering coatings of steels, bronzes, copper and importantly, Molybdenum. The lightweight, robust pistol offers the possibility to reclaim damaged parts for small to medium sized applications. Molybdenum can also be sprayed with the MK61 as a soft bond coat through to a very hard, wear resistant coating. The MK61 system can be used for anti-corrosion coatings where propane is not readily available. New in 2008 is a smaller, more compact mounting panel and Air Regulator Filter (ARF) unit. New in 2010 is the optional flame spray extension - login and download the specification or view in our Accessories section.
CLICK HERE to view a video of the new flame spray extension in use.
- Stop/start version allows operator to stop spraying and leave the flame lit (e.g., whilst inspecting or moving the work piece)
- Wire sizes 1.5mm to 4.76mm (3/16”) to suit many application and coating requirements
- Variable wire speed control for optimum coatings
- Suitable for Engineering wires, steels, copper and bronzes plus anti-corrosion materials.
- Two stage air cap gives optimal setting for lighting and spraying
- Rugged construction combined with light-weight and balance for ease of handling
- Hanging hook for temporary storage or connection to spring balance
- Variety of hose lengths to suit each application
- Flow meters for optimal setting of parameters and fault finding
- Flow meters include large pointers for ease of checking from a distance
- Air Regulator and Filter (A.R.F.) unit supplies motor air, nozzle air and breathing air pack supply from one inlet.
- Variety of wire dispense methods and packaging available
- Engineering coatings
- Reclaiming parts
- Bearing and seal surfaces
- Wear coatings
- Fine coatings with low heat input